Allow me to start by pointing out a few things that are worth mentioning. First, if you're here there's a good chance you found this place by associating with places or people of a similar mindset, if not then you might get your feelings hurt -tough luck, snowflake.
This publication will serve as a looking glass into a plethora of issues that I find myself pondering upon about our current society. Many of them are interconnecting, some are independent, others abstract while a few may be on the fringe. This is not, however, meant to serve as any sort of secular literature preaching about drinking some sort of kool-aid that will solve any or all of society's ailments. In actuality, I fully accept the fact that many of these ideas may be warped, wrong, insensitive or downright wrong. Indeed, these are thoughts that I have personally formed based on my experiences in the world and experiences with others. There was a time in my life when I would have disagreed with a lot of what I will have to say, and I encourage others to do the same. One of the attractive aspects of Buddhism is that it is not a religion in the cliche sense, and teachings do not expect one to take them on face value. Instead, it is a philosophy that has seemingly been created to give insight into the world, for better or worse, and hopes that readers will form their own opinions based on their own life experiences and choose to either adopt, or to not adopt the parables accordingly. My hope is that in that regard, this publication may parallel Buddhism.
Many topics will be broached, mostly of the controversial or sensitive sort. Most of it will not be politically correct, yet will not be overly profane or vulgar (although colorful language may appear). Chronologically speaking, it will be all over the place and everywhere in between. Issues of politics, religion, gender, age and any other aspect of PC culture will be explored, and mostly in a negative connotation as viewed by the mainstream society, or rather I should say, what we are led to believe is the mainstream society. Those who will not agree will very likely use buzzwords such as: sexist, racist, misogynist, alt-right, conservative, islamaphobic, transphobic, homophobic, or any of the other common terms that are flamboyantly thrown like javelins at a target, trying to kill it -even if those terms do not apply.
The central theme around this piece will be how our current society has gone astray into an abysmal hole of decadence, depravity, immorality, and a terrible spiral of over-indulgence in the dopamine receptors. I will make observations into what I perceive to be some of the underlying causes to a disease that we, as a society, have been inflicted, and the associated symptoms. Most of these are generalizations, and as with every rule there are always exceptions. This is not to be a reflection of any individual, nor any group, but rather a bigger picture that I've tried to put together and understand of where we lost our way and what the consequences are for wondering into the dark.
If you are remotely turned away from anything you've read thus far, I would warn against reading further. However, if you are intrigued and wish to perhaps understand the world from the perspective of another human being, I hope you enjoy reading and maybe even connect to the material in some way. In the end, I implore you to think for yourself, disagree, and formulate your own opinions. Then, try to put together your own puzzle. It's entirely possible that some of my pieces fit into yours. Or none of them fit and you just flip the table over. Either way, I do not have any real expectation that this will have any lasting or meaningful impact on anything whatsoever -but it will damn sure feel good to write it down.
No comments:
Post a Comment